This Quick Blender Guacamole with just a little spice is a great spread or dip.
The smooth, creamy, texture of the blender guacamole makes it easy to spread on a cracker or a slice of bread. Easier to use as a dip too. Its great with our Crispy Breakfast Quesadillas. Personally, I prefer the smoother guacamole vs. chunky, but it's all a matter of personal taste!
Some argue that using a blender makes guacamole runny and watery. But I omit tomatoes just for this reason and the guacamole in a blender turns out great; its taste and texture. If you prefer using tomatoes, remove as much of the tomato seeds and core as possible and add diced tomatoes at the end, after blending.
For a smoother texture, pulse all ingredients longer, until desired texture is achieved. For chunkier avocado in the guacamole, add avocado after blending all other ingredients and pulse until desired texture of the avocado is achieved.
How ripe should the avocado be?
Choose avocados that feel softer to the touch, when pressed slightly. But, avoid soft and mushy avocados as well - those will likely be overripe and brown inside. On the exterior, The avocado should be a darker green color. Bright green and firm avocados are not ready. Also, pay attention to how easily the stem of the avocado comes off. If it loosens easily, it's ready. If it's tightly in place, it's still unripe.
It takes a few days for a firm avocado to ripen. If the store sells only firm avocados and you have a few days before making the recipe, place the avocados in a brown paper bag with an apple inside and store at room temperature until ripe, approximately 2 days.
How can I reuse the avocado shell?
Well, you can toss these in the trash, but you can also play a prank on your family and friends and make these April Fools Rice Krispies Treats in avocado shells. Of course, it doesn't have to be April Fools to play a fun trick.
You can also serve the guacamole inside the avocado skins as a nice presentation. Just remember to make sure the guacamole is kept in an airtight container or is covered tightly with a plastic wrap, making sure that there are no air pockets whatsoever.
You may also like these:
Quick Blender Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup red onion coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice about 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning optional
- Prepare Avocados: cut avocados in half, lengthwise, around the pit. Open the two halves. Using a knife, carefully remove the avocado pit. Using a tablespoon, scoop the avocado flesh out of the shell by gently carving out the avocado from the sides of the shell. Dice avocados into large pieces (about 4 pieces per half of the avocado).
- Chop the onion and cilantro roughly
- Add all ingredients to the jar of your blender and pulse until desired consistency is reached.