These Maple Cinnamon Baked Apples make a wonderful dessert. The apples are dipped in a maple and cinnamon mixture, topped with some dried cranberries and baked to perfection!
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples (*see notes section below for best apples to use)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the mixture for coating: In a small mixing bowl combine the maple syrup, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg and pour the mixture onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Prepare the apples for baking: rinse the apples with warm water, pat them dry with a clean towel or paper towel, and place them on a cutting board. Next, slice each apple in half and core each half using a paring knife. If you are using an apple corer as I did, core the apple first and then slice it in half.
- Place the apple halves in maple/cinnamon mixture and coat both sides of the apple. Turn the apple halves skin down and sprinkle them with the dried cranberries.
- Bake the apples in the oven at 400°F for 40 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- choose apples that hold their shape well when baked, these include: Golden Delicious, Crispin, Honeycrisp, Ida Reds, McIntosh, Granny Smith (these apples are more acidic/sour than the other apples)
- Serve the baked apples topped with vanilla ice cream, or some yogurt. Top with some fresh berries. Some toasted walnuts. Drizzle the juice that’s left over after baking.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 40
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: English
Keywords: baked apples, cinnamon baked apples, maple syrup baked apples