This Easy Tuna Pâté-Filled Tulips recipe is going to bring out the Wow Factor, for sure! Surprise your mom for Mother’s Day, or your significant other for Valentine’s Day, or simply make it for the fun of it! Make it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 3 oz. canned tuna in olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain cream cheese
- 12 scallions, green part only (or chives)
- Wash and dry the grape tomatoes. Place tomatoes on a cutting board and, using a small knife, or a grilling skewer, poke a small hole in the bottom, stem, part of the tomato.
- Using a knife cut a cross 3/4 of the way down to the stem part.
- Using the tip of a small spoon or the points of a fruit fork, scoop out the seeds from each grape tomato and discard.
- Using a blender, blend together the tuna in oil, ground black pepper, and cream cheese until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- Fill a pastry bag with about 2 tablespoons of the tuna pâté and pipe the pâté into the cut end of each grape tomato.
- Insert the scallion or chive into the hole at the bottom of each grape tomato and place the tulips on a large serving plate. Use the remaining pate as a vegetable dip or spread on toast or crackers.
– if you are using tuna in water, drain the tuna and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil when blending
– I don’t add salt, but if you prefer it with a little salt you can add about 1/4 teaspoon
– If the green onions are too thick, you can slice them in half, lengthwise. When placing in the hole of the tomato roll or fold in the onion so the inside of the green onion is not noticeable on the exterior,
- Prep Time: 30
- Category: Dips and spreads
- Method: No cooking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mother's dsay recipe ideas, Valentine's day recipe ideas, tuna dip, tuna spread, cherry tomato recipes